Monday, December 04, 2006

Just Around the Corner

Christmas is fast upon us. My tree is up... I have received my first Christmas cards in the mail... my gifts are coming along... we even have a bit of snow on the ground. Last evening our church had our "First Taste of Christmas". It was like an old fashioned night of Christmas Carolling - soloists, instumentalists, and congregational singing. It was a wonderful, yet overwhelming night. The atmosphere, the people, the love, as well as a bit of lonliness filled me with so much emotion. In fact, I pretty much cried through the whole thing. Christmas is one of those time where my emotions become exagerated. When I am upbeat and excited about Christmas, I am hyper, giddy, and full of enthusiasm. But I tend to fall apart a bit when I get over tired, become overwhelmed, or feel at all lonely (which for me is pretty easy to do, despite them many people around me who have shown me more love than I could have imagined). My prayer this holiday season is that I will somehow see Christmas in a new light. I am not sure what that means yet, but it is my prayer nonetheless.

1 comment:

4ever29 said...

It's the most wonderful time of the year! I love Christmas. The older I get the more I realize what an incredible gift God gave to us in his son Jesus and that becomes so much more important in my life.