Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Blessings

Today was a Christmas Day like no other. For the first time in my adult life, I saw Christmas through a new pair of eyes. Christmas Day truly became about celebrating His birth. It was time spent with family (as always), but also with some of my closest friends... with children... with people who love and worship my God. It was a time of fellowship... a time of prayer... a time of worshipping Him in song... a time of knowing the joy of giving sacrificially. It was a day filled with more love than I have ever experienced on Christmas Day. I thank God for the many blessings I received this Christmas. Here are just a few of them...

  • Dear friends who love me like I am one of them - I love you all... you have no idea!
  • Seeing the excitement in a young girls eyes as she first laid eyes on Santas offerings - won't soon forget it!
  • The opportunity to use one of my gifts to give the gift of song - did my heart a world of good.
  • Laughter and joy that came from knowing just a bit more of the whole picture - we pulled it off!
  • Seeing the relief in a dear friends eyes - Told you that we would get you through this... He provided.
  • A reminder of how precious family is - perhaps it is time for a fresh start.
  • Hearing a dear, godly man pray a Christmas prayer - wish my own family was that Christ centered.
  • Knowing what it is like to be loved... really loved. - never have I felt this way.
  • Getting a small glimpse of His love for me - How deep the Fathers love for us... how vast beyond all measure!

My heart is full. This just touches the surface of it....I feel so overwhelmed by the many gifts and blessings I have received this Christmas. It was a Christmas I will always cherish. Thank you God for the gift your Son... who made a Christmas like this possible.

1 comment:

Abner's Girl said...

No NO...thank you! Thank you for letting God use you in such a powerful way...thank you for loving me with all my flaws and baggage. Thank you for loving my chldren and my husband and for making our Christmas so magical and spirit filled. We love you MORE!
~cb