Friday, December 15, 2006

Mud Sliding Anyone?

If me peeing on my sweater made you laugh, just wait until you read this!

So I leave my house this evening to go to work. I set the alarm and lock the door, only to realize it is pouring rain out. I decided to run back in to get my umbrella... I did not want to ruin my hair. When I opened my front door, I set off my house alarm. Ooops. So I was a bit late for work after sorting all that out.

I had a large box of clothing to bring in to work, so I met a friend of mine in the parking lot so she could help me carry it in. I drop my friend and the box off at the door and go to park my car. Before getting out of the car, I tuck my pants in to my socks. Being on the shorter side of things, my pants drag in the puddles... this way they stay dry. Here is where it gets good. Picture it, if you will.... I am carrying a grocery bag of candy, a grocery bag with my knitting, my work bag and my keys, and the umbrella as not to ruin my hair. All of a sudden I slip while walking down a small, muddy hill. My feet come right out from underneath me, one of my shoes (Birks) goes flying, and I land on my butt in a mud pile. I compose myself and get up. I am hopping around trying to find my shoe -barely holding on to my knitting - and I slip again, this time falling forward... yes, in to the same mud pile. I am soaked! I gather up my knitting - which had now fallen out of the bag, and the book that flew out of my work bag, and try to make my way to the door. Meanwhile, my friend keeps sticking her head out of the door to see where I was. She finally saw me and thought "oh... she stepped in a puddle". Stepped in a puddle? I am soaked! And muddy! I am laughing, but I kinda feel like crying. When I get closer, I turn around and say "Look at me arse" - which is of course covered in mud. I am not sure we have ever laughed so hard!

My pants are soaked - which is fine because I can get another pair from the OR. My shoes are covered in and filled with mud. My yellow socks (which by the way match my yellow bra and soaking wet, mud-stained underwear, as well as the brand new yellow sweater I am wearing), are soaking wet. My hair is dishevelled, and work is so busy that I just have to deal rather than go home and get dry clothes.

Lets just say that everyone at work has gotten a really good laugh. I cannot wait to get home and wash the mud out from between my toes!

What was that our mothers used to say? Never leave home without wearing clean underwear... just in case you get in to a car accident? *S*




Look at me arse!


1 comment:

4ever29 said...

Oh Christa! Are you sure you really want o be documenting all this. It looks like your last month of your twenties will be memorable.