Saturday, December 23, 2006

2 am Adventures

Ok, so I missed blogging yesterday. Ooops. I will try to blog twice today to make up for it. Yesterdays excitement involved finishing up some last minute Christmas Shopping. I am never this far behind. But as of 2am this morning, I can say that I am officially done my shopping! Woo hoo! After spending much of the day at the mall yesterday, a friend and I decided that we would take advantage of the 24/7 Walmart. If you ask me, everything should be open 24/7 - that comes from being a shift worker though! We got there at 10pm. We got home at 2am. No, there were no line ups... we (well, she) just had a lot of shopping still left to do. There was a notable difference between the two of us as we walked through the doors of Walmart: My eyes light up and grow wide with excitement... I LOVE to shop. Her eyes glaze over and she shuts down. She does not love to shop.

One of the highlights of the night was when we were searching for funny t-shirts for some of her kids. Of course, the ones on the rack were all the wrong size. So we thought we would look through the ones on display. You know how they have the t-shirts folded and in those square display cases so you can see the funny sayings? The cases were up way above our heads. Well we totally dismantled three of them in search for the right size. Luckily one of us is tall (not me)... so she reached up and pushed the shirt out of the display box, while I stood on my tip toes with my hands shielding her head as not to let the board inside the t-shirt hit her on the head. It was quite a scene, but all worth while... all of the ones on display were the exact sizes we were looking for!

A few minutes after we got home, we were greeted by her 17 year old son and 4 of his friends. It seems that they were out for a midnight walk...they were all soaked and smelly. The wonderful, cool mother that she is, offered to drive them back to the friends house they were staying at, rather than make them walk. (This after they raided her kitchen for food.) So I tagged along. I laughed the entire time as these 5 teenage boys serenaded us with Koombaya, and then hilarious renditions of Christmas Carols. I thought I was dreaming... does stuff like that really happen?

This morning we are back at it... a little bit of last minute shopping, and then a night of gift wrapping... Will write more later!

No comments: