Thursday, December 21, 2006

I Was Lost, But Now I'm Found

... in more ways than one! Today after work I thought I would hit the Home Depot and pick up one of my last few gifts. On the way there, I used my cell phone to check my home messages. I was in and out in about 15 minutes. When I left the store, I realized that I no longer had my phone. I checked the car, thinking that perhaps I had left it there. Nope. So I went back in to the store and looked around. Nothing. I called it a few times from the Courtesy Desk, hoping someone would pick it up. Wrong again. So I left my name at the desk, and decided to head home. As I put the car in to drive, I started crying. I knew my phone was lost in there somewhere! So I went back in again and called my mom. I had her call and call and call while I walked around the store searching. Home Depot is really big. I was pretty upset. Picture it. Here I am crying, walking around the store, searching for my phone - which by the way calls my name when it rings - and praying out loud "Lord, please help me find my phone. Lord, please help me find my phone...." I am pretty sure everyone thought I was crazy - which I may very well be, but that is beside the point. So I went to leave, but called my mom on the way out first. She told me that someone had answered it, and it was at one of the cash registers! They had been paging me overhead in the store. I was so focused on finding my phone, that I did not even hear it! All that to say, my cell phone is home. It was lost, but now is found. Phew!

I think I will hit the Walmart... gotta love the open all night thing! I will leave my phone at home!

1 comment:

4ever29 said...

That reminds me of the time that M would carry around the baby Jesus from my nativity around everywhere she went. I thought that she had brought it into Costco,but she didn't have it when we left. I went up to customer service asking if they had found Jesus. It was pretty funny.