Thursday, December 14, 2006

My Own Countdown to 30

I was inspired to start my journey in to the world of blogs after a dear friend began a blog on the last year of her 20's. Today marks the beginning of the last month of my 20's. Sadly, I will beat this dear friend to the big 3 -0. How am I taking it? Well, seeing as my birthday is usually one of the worst days of the year, I am not looking forward to it. I just keep thinking... " I was supposed to be married with 3 of my 6 kids by now!" I guess God had other plans. I am learning to trust in Him and wait on His perfect timing. So to mark the last month of my 20s, I will try to blog every day until the big day. I said "try"... so give me a break.

Today, at work, I peed on my sweater. Yup. Almost 30 and I peed on my sweater. It had those long ties that were apparently in the way. Oops. So I came home from work a bit early, and only mildly embarrassed... which is obvious because I am sharing it with the world. I am always up for a good laugh. Spent the evening with friends and their kids visiting none other than Jolly Ol' Saint Nick. One kid smiled like it was old hat. The other one cried until it was over... then he ran away laughing. Too funny!

So all in all, a good first day of the last month of my 20's. Will write again tomorrow.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad..I'm counting down (6 weeks 2 go) to SIXTY!

The only bad part of turning 30......that you're not in your 20's anymo
K

4ever29 said...

I am laughing so hard right now!!! I can't belive that you will have "I peed on my sweater" on the internet for eternity. M wants to know if you can come for her birthday this year. You might as well stay for mine then too :)

.: Christa :. said...

I know... I kinda can't believe that I wrote that either. But I thought that some of my faithful readers needed a good laugh. I texted that to a friend yesterday. She is still laughing...well, mostly making fun of me! *S* Hmmm... May eh? That might work. I will see what I can do... keep your eyes open for seat sales!

Abner's Girl said...

so who's KEN?

.: Christa :. said...

Abners Girl.... Dunno.