Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Am I a Christmas Tree Snob?

A few of my very dear friends think I am a Christmas Tree Snob. Why? Because I have stated that if and when I do have kids, they will have their own tree to decorate with their handmade ornaments. They can even have coloured lights if they want. But their tree will be in the basement. Not that I won't cherish everything they make, but... Having some degree of OCD means that my tree is yes, themed. Silver and Blue. And white lights. Only white lights. I strongly dislike coloured lights. (These same dear friends are coloured lighters too!) My roomie loves the way our house is decorated at Christmas... of course, I don't let her do any of it! On the rare occastion that I allow her to put her ornaments on the tree, they go at the back.

Does this make me a Christmas Tree Snob? ( I know at least one of you are OCDers as well... support me here will ya?)

2 comments:

4ever29 said...

I'm with you. I have MY tree that has white lights and a combination of pink, burgundy, green and gold ornaments on it. They match my living room furniture and that tree is in my living room displayed proudly right in front of my window. The kids tree is in the family room. It's about 3 feet tall and decorated with all the handmade crap (did I say that out loud) that they bring home this time of year. As well as coloured lights. I love both trees but I think my kids like having a tree all to themselves more.

.: Christa :. said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I knew I could count on your support. And if I really am a Christmas Tree Snob, that mean you my friend are too! Love you... miss you all lots!