Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Yet

Yet. Though such be the case.

I have just completed a devotional on Joy. It is a cd series that I listen to on the way to work. Not being a morning person, it is my way of "meeting him at the river" and receiving the "manna that is baked fresh every morning." This morning (and again this evening), I listened to the last 2 segments. In them, one small word struck me: Yet.

The first passage was from Job 8:21. On first thought, some might wonder why one would turn to the book of Job when looking for passages on joy. I mean, Job lost everything.... his health, his livestock, his family. Ah... but that is where the joy comes in....and that is where the word yet comes in. Bildad was trying to provide his friend Job with counsel. Some of what he said was legit. His concept of God and justice was not. This one short statement though, sums up what Job did despite his situation.


21 "He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy."


Everything Job held near to his heart was taken from him. Though such be the case (yet!) God filled his lips with shouts of joy. Though such be the case, Job praised God. He knew that his God was still on the throne!


What an amazing promise! What an inspiration! Though such be the case, He will fill me with joy! I like to think of that as a personal promise from God to me.


The second passage was one that I can across a few weeks ago. It is from Habakkuk 3:17-18.

17 "Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior."


I felt as though God had given me that passage to share with a friend who was going through a rough time. A time where there were no grapes on the vine. You know when I verse keeps coming back to you.... when you feel like God is saying "Pay attention here!" That is this passage. If the passage in Job was His promise to me, this passage is my response to Him... my response to the struggles in life. Whatever it is... though such be the case.....YET... I WILL REJOICE IN THE LORD!!!

2 comments:

Abner's Girl said...

Praise HIM! Don't you love it when the lights come on? This world is NOT our home and that is why we can Praise Him through it all...if we choose to! You are an amazing sponge, but you don't just soak it in...you squeeze out every bit of juice He is giving you and share the sweet nectar of His truth with us other thirsty souls. Thanks Princess!
“You are like foreigners and strangers in this world.” I Peter 2:11
Love ya'
~cb

.: Christa :. said...

Amen! That is what I like about this whole blogging thing... gives me a place to put what I have learned into writing for others to read and hopefully learn from. I want others to share in my "aha moments".

PS... you need to blog. And SW nee SC... so do you!