Thursday, March 01, 2007

Why Would Anyone Want To Be Your Friend?

That is a good question... one that I will attempt to answer. Why? Because you do realise that by questioning people who would want to be your friend, you are questioning me, and perhaps doubting my own sanity. Which, granted is questionable at times. So here it goes, in no particular order.

You make me laugh. Sometimes at you. Sometime with you. Many a time at myself.

You bring out the best in me. The real me... the way God is shaping me to be is brought out when I am around you.

You are observant. You have the gift of discernment. You see things the way they really are. I am still shocked by that card you sent me last summer. You barely knew me. You said "You looked weary the other day..." You would soon find out just how weary I was.

You are interesting. (Strange, but interesting *S*) Seriously though... God has handed you your fair share of trials and tribulations. You always come out on top. You have a story to tell... tell it!

You remember important things. My birthday for example.

You remember the little, silly things ... that I like toasted tomato sandwiches... It amazes me when someone remembers the little things. I tend to. Most of my friends do not. The fact that you do is refreshing.

You are real. You live out your faith on a day to day basis. I love watching your godly example. Who would not want to be around someone like that?

You know when I need a hug or a shoulder to cry on ... very important!

You drop everything to come and rescue me from myself. No one has ever done that for me before.

You get me. You are like me. You understand some of my idiosyncrasies. It is almost as though you are inside my head at time. Sometimes it is a bit scary ( for both of us, I am sure) ... but in many ways it makes me feel less crazy! (Or at the very least, not alone in my craziness!)

You have seen my ugly sides... and you still love me.

You don't judge me. (Or anyone else for that matter.) I can say what I want to you, and be confident that you will still love me, and will not hold it against me.


You make me feel safe. I can be my one true self with you. If I am sad, that is ok. If I have the giggles, that is great too. I don't need to wear a mask. I come as I am, and you accept me that way.

You encourage and support me.

You are kind. You are tenderhearted. You are caring. You are trustworthy. You are open. You are honest.

You are gentle with me when I am fragile, but will never sacrifice the truth. You are able to speak His truth in love.

You give good advice, even though I don't always take it. (I like a bit of red in my hair ok!?!)

You are someone I can share my toys with! (Flip& Fold)

And if the truth be told, you know far too much about me to not be your friend! *S* You are stuck with me, and I hope and pray I am stuck with you. Love you. Don't forget it!

1 comment:

Abner's Girl said...

are you talking to me???