Saturday, March 03, 2007

Bronte Adventures

Today I met my new room mate! A very tiny Yorkshire Terrier who I will name Bronte Carlotta. (Carlotta after her mommy, who the owners affectionately call Carla.) She was born on February 13th... her eyes opened today for the first time! So the adventures of Bronte begin...

A breeder friend and I took a drive to Renfrew to meet my new puppy, and ultimately decide if she was the one. It was about an hour and 20 minute drive there. It was a 4 hour drive home. We decided to take a different route home. Thankfully, I was not driving. Now anyone who knows me knows that my sense or direction stinks! Well, apparently mine is not the only one! We took a wrong turn somewhere. 2 hours later, when we did not arrive in the town we expected to, we pulled out the map. Oops. We had gone in the exact opposite direction. Luckily the weather, scenery and company were pleasant! The irony is, my friend has a GPS... but he left it at home!

So I will return in a few weeks to actually pick her out. only then will I be able to see some of her personality. Her mommy is the nicest, most gentle Yorkie I have ever met. I hope that wears off on her pups! She was beautiful!

Bronte will come home around April 13th. In the meantime I will continue to shop for cute outfits, toys and puppy supplies. These next 6 weeks will be so long!

Bronte was named after the Bronte sisters, whose home I had the chance to visit in the Yorkshire Moors or England. I will leave you with one of my favourite poems by one of my favourite poets and writers, Emily Bronte.

The Old Stoic
Riches I hold in light esteem,
And Love I laugh to scorn;
And lust of fame was but a dream,
That vanished with the morn:
And if I pray, the only prayer
That moves my lips for me
Is, "Leave the heart that now I bear,
And give me liberty!"
Yes, as my swift days near their goal:
'Tis all that I implore;
In life and death a chainless soul,
With courage to endure.

2 comments:

4ever29 said...

So who is the male friend with GPS? Do tell...

.: Christa :. said...

He is gay. A friend from work who is a dog breeder... seemed like the logical choice. Sorry to get your hopes up!