Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Three Friends

I have heard the challenge many times before: "Think of three unsaved friends who you can be really diligent about praying for." But it never really hit me the way it has recently. If I am completely honest with myself, I have spent the past...well... probably 8 years living a lot closer to the world than I have been to God. Until about a year ago, I was not really thinking about things with an eternal perspective. I mean, I knew I was ultimately saved. But I never really and truly had a heart for those who were not. That is obvious to me as I look back on how I have (or haven't) influenced those around me for Christ. In particular, I think of my room mate and one of my dearest friends. Both people I have had the opportunity to show the love of Christ to.... but I haven't been that effective. It seems now that time is being taken away from me. My room mate is moving out, and my dear friend and I are spending less and less time together - partly because of work, and partly because my heart longs to be with others who belong to Christ. I have regrets. All I can do with them though, is make every day count for eternity.

So... I am taking the challenge. I will be diligent in praying for KC - one of my best friends... JL - my soon to be old room mate... and LD - my co-worker and confident.

What about you? Are you up for the challenge? Are you looking at life here on earth with an eternal perspective?

2 comments:

John A Hill said...

My three are Scot, Jim and Chris.
Scot, is the son-in-law of my best friend. Chris is a fellow mage and friend, Jim is an atheist that frequents my blog.

.: Christa :. said...

If we all prayed for just three... it is amazing what God could (and I believe will) do!