Friday, March 16, 2007

Eleven Years Ago

Eleven years ago, I was in beautiful British Columbia taking part in the wedding of a dear friend of mine. In many ways it seems like so long ago. In many ways it seems like it was just yesterday.

She is one of the three people I have consistently stayed in touch with from the Canterbury days. Oddly enough, we were not close friends in high school. We had a fair bit in common: our love of music (especially Sandi! *S*), our love of God... but the truth is that I was... intimidated by her. Ok... maybe a bit scared of her too! She left Ottawa for BC half way through HS. A few months after that, we connected and became close friends.

It was an honour for me, a few years later, to be a part of her wedding, and I am so thankful that I have been one of the few friends she has kept in touch with from that time in her life. I cried through the whole thing. I distinctly remember trying to wipe the mascara off my cheeks during every prayer. Being somewhat less emotional than I am, this dear friend simply laughed at my tears. The evening of the wedding was spent at "The Rock"... an amazing P&W Service that she and her hubby led worship at. What an amazing way to begin your life together! We said our goodbyes that evening. I do believe there were tears in her eyes then - which through my tears, made me laugh. I also had a heart to heart with her dear grandfather that evening. His words of thanks were so precious.

Later that night another friend and I had fun piling her gifts up against the wall, and dressing her teddy bear in her wedding dress and laying it out on her bed. Fun times.

Thank you for the many, many years of friendship. Although we don't talk often, and see each other even less, I cherish your friendship. You are such a blessing to me. Miss you more than you know. Happy Anniversary my friend. Here's to another 11 wonderful years. Love you!

2 comments:

4ever29 said...

THANK YOU!!! Can you believe that it has been that long?!? I am truly blessed to have found the man I did, despite my age, and to have found you as a friend. God knew what he was doing, and he still does.

So when are you coming out again?

.: Christa :. said...

Amen sista! Actually, my plan was to come and surprise you for your b-day. I emailed Tahnee for help, but never heard back from her... maybe I had the wrong address. Since then though, I have bought a puppy, who will be too young for me to leave... and Jen is moving out... and my parents/my second mortgage will come in to play... so I cannot afford it right now. *sad* But hopefully soon! I miss you all.

BTW...do your grandparents still live at the same place? One of my closest friends lives down the street from them. I think of them often, as I always seem to be just down the road from them. I should stop in and say hello one day!