Monday, February 19, 2007

Secrets

The other day I came across an article in a magazine advertising a book entitled Secrets Lives of Men and Women. I was intrigued, so I made my way to Chapters to see what it was all about. I learned that this was more than a book, but rather an entire project entitled PostSecret.

Back in 2004, a man by the name of Frank Warren handed out 3000 self addressed postcards. He gave them to strangers, and left them in public places. He invited people to write a secret on it, and mail it back to him. He has received over 100 000 self made post cards, and displays them in his books, in art exhibits, and online at www.postsecret.com .

Some of the secrets are horrifying. Some are hilarious. Some secrets brought tears to my eyes. Some brought a smile to my face. Some were secrets of people I know, some were secrets I have kept myself at one time or another.

Reading through these secrets really made me think. I am so fortunate, first of all, that I have people in my life who I trust with my deepest darkest secrets. But mostly, I am thankful that there are no secrets from my God. Nothing I could do, nothing I could say, nothing I could think will ever be kept secret from him. Nothing that was done to me, nothing that I did to cope, nothing I have lived through is a secret to Him. He knows it all. He knows the parts that I don't know!

What an amazing truth: As children of God, we are NEVER alone. We are NEVER abandoned. We will NEVER be able to keep a secret from God.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This is neat. Thank you for sharing this.