Monday, February 26, 2007

And The Oscar Goes To....

One of the things I will miss most about my room mate are the parties we throw. There are usually a few each year... Oscar Party For 2... Super Bowl Party For 2... you get the idea. Now these are not your typical parties. For example.. the Super Bowl Party... while eating junk food, we watch the very beginning and guess who is the heaviest player. Then we wait for their stats to flash across the screen and see who wins. When we have had enough of that, we pop in a movie, but pause it in time to watch the Half Time Show. Now that is my kind of Super Bowl!



Last night at work, over a bag of Creamy Creamy Caramel Popcorn from Kernals, I shared some of our Oscar Party secrets. (We taped it so we could watch it once work quieted down.) Before the show, each party goer was provided with a list of nomination by category. Each party goer had to guess who was going to win in each category. The completed lists were then placed in a sealed envelope until the end of the show, when they were marked.



At 515 this morning, the winner was announced. For the second year in a row, the winner is.... yours truly! (Which is really funny seeing as I have only seen 2 of the movies that were nominated.) My acceptance speech? Thank you to my co-workers, who, while they probably think I am wacko, humoured me in this little endeavour. Thank you to my dear friend CB who made the viewing of the two movies I did see possible. Without your love, support, and choice of movies, I would not be where I am today! I love you all! *S*

No comments: