Friday, September 01, 2006

Bruised Knees

Today I want to pay tribute to my Bruised Knee Sisters. A few weeks ago I began dealing with something that was very challenging to say the least. I needed to enlist the help of my dear friends in prayer. One of these dear friends ended her email to me with "Here's to bruised knees". From that, the group of my bruised knee sisters was formed.

What an awesome privilege we have, as sisters in the Lord, to come before His Throne on behalf of each other. I know that my "sisters" faithfulness in prayer is what is getting me through this situation.

I spend most of my social time with unsaved friends, namely my best friend. This trial has brought me that much closer to my Sisters in the Lord. It has given me a new appreciation for them, and I have committed to finding more time to spend with them. They are a true blessing in my life.

So here is one of my favourite quotes on friendship. Thank you to my BKS's who have shared this adversity with me.


Friendship makes prosperity more shining
and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it
-Cicero

No comments: