Monday, September 25, 2006

Kindred Spirits

When I think of the term Kindred Spirits, an old favourite movie of mine comes to the forefront of my mind... Anne of Green Gables. Some 15 years ago I met a wonderful, godly woman, who has become one of my dearest friends. More than that though, we learned that we truly were kindred spirits. Our lives had been divinely intertwined, despite the years between us. It was as though she could read my mind. And even now... we may not speak for weeks, but when I am a low point in my life, God always seems to place me on her heart. I will inevitably get a phone call..." I was just thinking about you..." She has always seemed to know me in a way that no one else did or could.

Recently I have gotten to know another wonderful, godly woman. Someone whose name and face I have known for years. Someone who is so filled with the Spirit that it overflows from her. Someone whose passion and desire to live in His will is contagious! Through a series of events I have gotten to know her better. And the the more I learn about her and her life, the more I see pieces of myself. It has become so evident that this too is a divinely appointed friendship. In a short time, she has ministered to my heart, and stretched my faith. She has encouraged me, loved me, supported me, cried with me, and prayed with me. I cannot help but think that she too may be one of those rare kindred spirits.



"I think you may be a kindred spirit, after all." Marilla to Anne

No comments: