Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Until next time, my friend

Last evening I said a fond farewell to a dear friend. She left Ottawa to head back to BC, and in a week will head back to Georgia...Russia, not the US. (Yes, this is the same friend who had the flight scare a few weeks ago. ) Having her here has been such a blessing. We have been out of touch for about 7 years, and recently God answered an old prayer... bringing her back in to my life. She has an awesome music ministry in Georgia, and I am happy for her to head home because I am convinced that is where God wants her. But at the same time, I will miss her terribly! I did so well yesterday... I didn't even cry when saying goodbye. But today, now that she is actually no longer here, I am sad. My parting gift to her was a necklace from one of my favourite jewellery designers, Andrea Waines. The necklace had a quote on it, that I think applies to both of our lives...
Today is a gift. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery.
Each new day is a gift from God. I am so thankful for the days we had to get reacquainted. Yesterday is history. Forget about what has happened in your past. Lay it at the cross, and leave it there! Tomorrow is a mystery.... only He knows what is in store for us. Live each day to the fullest for His Glory!
I miss you already my friend! Love you lots!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the BOMB! The Spiritual Bomb! I just want to sit at your feet and soak in the beautiful way you see our Saviour and His perfect gifts to us!
I love you sweetie!

CB

.: Christa :. said...

You are nuts, and think far too highly of me my friend!