Monday, September 18, 2006

Dust

It has been awhile since I have posted. So much has happened, so I should have a lot to write about for a while. Tonight I want to share something from Youth Group last Wednesday. We watched a video where the narrator spent time discussing what it really meant in the Jewish culture to be a disciple... for Jesus or any other Rabbi. He quoted an old Jewish blessing that I want to share with you.

May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi, Jesus.
I love all that implies! The Christian walk is so much more than following Christ. I mean, you can follow someone from a safe distance... you know, not to be noticed. But to be covered in the dirt of whom ever you are following implies a closeness. It implies being close enough to get dirty...to really be involved in what they are doing. To do what they do, not just know what they know. That simple phrase hit me. I want to be covered in the dust of my Lord and Saviour.
So I leave you with that blessing.

No comments: