Thursday, August 31, 2006

Road Rage

Hello to my two faithful readers! *S* The past 2 hours have been filled with much emotion. I left work at 1536 today. Rather than take my usual route home, I took the Queensway. I had to pick up a parcel on Merivale... my new laptop! (On which I am writing this post! Woo Hoo!) Apparently the entire city is under construction. The QW was down to one lane. One stinken lane! So after much frustration, I got off at Carling...thinking I would drive down to Maitland etc. Well, Carling was also down to one lane. Are you kidding me? I freaked. I got home at 1700. Yes, it took me almost an hour and a half to get home! Usually it takes me 20 minutes... 25 in traffic....45 in a bad snow storm. Today made me understand road rage. Really. There was not enough music in the world to keep me happily singing along. I was pulling out my hair...literally! All I wanted to do was start honking on my horn like a crazy woman. I didn't though. I was so ticked when I got home. Thankfully, I had just enough Ben & Jerry's ice cream to cool my jets!

So I set up my laptop, knowing that I would not be able to get on the internet. I have not yet received my wireless modem. But who knew??? I somehow have managed to tap in to someone else's wireless connection. (Is that legal?) It will do for now!

My quote of the day.... not sure who said it, but I can attest to its truth...

There are 2 seasons in Ottawa. Winter and Construction.

1 comment:

.: Christa :. said...

That is the number one reason I will NEVER live in Toronto! Hope you guys have a great weekend too! Yay...long weekend!