Thursday, August 17, 2006

Sacred Tears

There was a lot of sadness today at work. The day was spent trying to save a little life that is quickly nearing an eternity of glory. Many of my colleagues had cared for this little guy for his entire life... 5 months. Many people ask how I can work in a pediatric critical care setting. My response: "I cry a lot." There is no shame in it. In fact, I think that it comforts parents to know that the people caring for their loved one.... the people who have spent more time with their child than they have themselves... these people have grown to love their child too. So that said, here are Washington Irvings words of wisdom for today.


“There is a sacredness in tears.
They are not the mark of weakness, but of power.
They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues.
They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love.”

2 comments:

4ever29 said...

Christa, God has gifted you in such incredible beautiful ways. I think he gives people like you so much compassion to balance out the cold ones like me:) You amaze me with the work that you do.

.: Christa :. said...

*S* You are not cold. You just ... well, are not a ball of mush like me!