Saturday, November 25, 2006

Entertainment Factor

I love to entertain, especially around Christmas time. Tonight I am having 2 or 3 girls from our Small Group, and my Co-Sponsor over for a bit. Nothing overly fancy, but seeing as my house is already decorated for Christmas, I figured I may as well turn on the Christmas lights, get the candles burning, and put a pot of cinnamon and cloves on the stove. I love having people in my home - God has allowed me to have it, so I may as well use it for Him right? Sadly, I don't do it often enough. When people come over, I usually like to have things meticulous. I am usually cleaning and staging right up until people arrive. But God reminded me today, (as I lay down for a long nap after being beat from working last night and not sleeping long enough this morning), that it is not about me... not about my house... but rather about Him... serving Him by serving others, and worshipping Him. I pray that God will use this evening of fellowship with some of the students for His glory.

"And when two or three of you are together because of me,
you can be sure that I'll be there"
Matthew 18:20 (msg)

No comments: