Sunday, April 01, 2007

Bronte

My life has changed dramatically since my last post. I am a mommy. It looked as though the puppy I had lined up was not going to happen. It was not a sure thing, but my the breeder thought that if she was able to leave at all, it would be later than expected. As I mentioned in my last blog, I was devastated.

So I began the search for a different puppy, and came across a breeder selling Yorkie-Poos. He had 2 females, one that looked like a yorkie (the one I wanted), and one that looked more poodle. I waited all day Friday to hear from him. When our potential meeting time had come and gone, I figured it was Gods way of letting me know this was not the pup for me. Shortly after that (and 2 hours before I had to be at work), I got the call. So a friend and I went to see the little guys.


The female I wanted had already been sold. I looked at the other female - the one that looked l more poo than yorkie. She was cute, but didn't grab me. I looked at the boys, even though I wanted a girl, and had bought a whole bunch of pink clothing. There was one little guy who had one ear pointed straight up, and one flopped down. I fell in love. I took him home.

Well, I didn't really take him to my home... I took him to my wonderful friends home, who puppy sat for me because I had to go to work!

So I have a new addition, and it is going ok. I am frustrated with the whole crate training thing because he cries... no, screams! He slept in his doggy bed, blocked off in the kitchen last night. And that is where I left him to go to church this morning. He did really well. He goes potty on the paper consistently, even throughout the night. Pretty good for 10 weeks I think! I have a hard time leaving him to cry, and am not 100% sure what I will do when I go to work - crate him vs have the crate there for him, but block him off in the kitchen. Everyone has their opinion, which does not really make it any easier.

I know he will be a friend for life... I just need to get past these next few days until we establish a routine. And in the meantime, I have to try not to have a melt down every time my puppy wails... which is whenever I am not in sight!


Here he is!

2 comments:

4ever29 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is adorable! Good choice :)

.: Christa :. said...

S~Yes, your sis has told me about hers. I will have to email her a birth announcement. Bronte will have another neighbourhood friend to play with!