Friday, January 05, 2007

What's So New About The New Year

I am not one to make New Years Resolutions. They always get broken, and then I get frustrated with myself. So I thought that I would just reflect a bit on the year ahead... think about the kind of life I want to live... the kind of legacy I want to leave behind. I want this year to be a year of many new things.

This year, I want my life to be focussed on Him like never before. All that happened around Christmas gave me some new insight... I want to remember what I have learned. I want to want more and more of Him... all the time. I want to draw near to Him always. I want to be so desperate for Him, that I fall apart when I am not near Him.

This year I want my prayer life - which has already taken off since this time last year - to be heightened... to be taken to a whole new level. I want to remember to pray expectantly. I want to pray continually. I want my prayer life to become more and more a conversation between me and my God. I want to learn to be still and listen to His voice.... I need to learn how to not do all the talking! *S*

This year, I want my devotional life to continue to grow. I want to read what my God has written to me and gain new understanding of His Will and His heart each time I do. As I study His Word alone and with others, I want to hide it in my heart more and more.

This year I want to ensure my ministry is effective. I need to remember to purify my heart before Him, before I serve the youth I am working with. I want to set the example that was set for me at that age. I want the kids I work with to see Christ in me.

This year, I want to get my finances in a better place. I love to shop. I need to stop! Not that things are horrible, I just need to focus on paying of my debts, and think about preparing financially for my future.

This year I want to find my husband. *S* Am item for prayer... it has always been my hearts desire to be a wife and a mother. And for as long as that desire is in my heart, I know that He will provide that for me. A friend told me that Tuesdays was the day to pray about that. (I mean, any time really, but Tuesdays specifically.) When I asked her why Tuesday? She answered "God told me". Ok then... that is all I need to know. So join us will you? *S*

This year I want to see one of my dearest friends come to know my Lord and Saviour. I have not always been the best example to her. This year, that will change. This year I want her to know beyond a doubt exactly what it is that I believe. (Another item for prayer.)

This year I want to be especially mindful of the blessing God has given me in my friendships... new ones, old ones, and rekindled ones. I also want to be mindful of the relationships within my family, and work on those that need it.

I want this upcoming year to be unlike any other. I guess only time will tell.

No comments: