Sunday, January 14, 2007

Celebrating The 10 Anniversary Of My 20th Birthday

Well, this is it. The countdown has ended. I have moved from my 20's in to the dreaded 30's. You know it is not the number so much that bothers me. It is that in my mind, I would be married with children by now. The fact that I am not makes me sad. That said, I am trusting that it will all happen in His timing!

I usually hate my birthday. Being so soon after Christmas it tends to get forgotten about. And of course, I take that personally, get all bent out of shape, and have a miserable day. But this year was much better. Thank you to my wonderful friends who took me to dinner and a movie... the effort you made to involve other friends means more than you know. Thank you for the perfect little gifts...my fabulous Origami Calendar (one a day for a year... how cool is that???)...things for my "pamper me" nights, and cinnamon hearts! Thank you for decorating the house, and making my favourite cherry bit cake! And thank you for my birthday turkey dinner (even though it was a turkey "roll").... yummm.... left over stuffing!

I want this year to be something great. I want to look back at my first year of my 30s with fond memories... and I am sure that I will. My prayer for this year is that God would continue to grow me, stretch me and use me.

A shout out to the other Jan 14th-ers I know.... Wendy, Steve and Jessica... hope you all had a great day!

Remember... the older the tree, the sweeter the music it makes in the breeze. (An appropriate quote from my aunt, seeing as I was recently told I was a Willow Tree!)

1 comment:

plastic_is_forever said...

I missed your birthday?! I'll have to send you a belated bottle or Corbett!!!