Wednesday, August 27, 2008

God Told Me... So Now What?

I have this friend. I remember her on many occasions saying... God told me. Although some might find that far fetched, I believed her whole heartedly, and found myself envying the relationship she had with God. Wow... that God would actually show me or tell me something! As I watched her, and oh I watched her, I saw a woman who lived by faith. A woman who was seeking after Him, and listening for His still and quiet voice. Perhaps that is why she heard it.

Over the past few years my own relationship with God has changed. I have been stretched and I have grown. I find myself seeking Him. And although I still do a lot of the talking, I am learning to hear His voice. And wouldn't you know it... I can say it too... God told me.

God told me. That is my answer. I just know.

This is not the first time He has revealed something like this to me. But there are times, much like now, that I find myself almost wishing He hadn't. There are times when I wonder what I am supposed to do with what He has shown me? Do I share this wisdom? Or am I meant to keep it to myself for now? I doubt it was meant to eat away at my like this, but the fact is, it is.

Confused, I continue to wait for His direction. I continue to pray. I continue to write. I continue to try and trust in Him.

Prov 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path.

1 comment:

Abner's Girl said...

I should learn to listen too. Good reminer.